Skin rejuvenation and laser hair removal
For quality skin rejuvenation and laser hair removal therapy in Iowa City, visit Facial Rejuvenation Center. You can benefit from our advanced technology from Candela Vbeam Perfecta® and GentleLASE® for total skin rejuvenation and laser hair removal.
Laser therapy uses a high-energy beam of light that can selectively transfer its energy into tissue to treat the skin.
A complimentary consultation with an FRC aesthetic specialist is required prior to any laser therapy service.
Laser therapy is designed to treat:
- Unwanted hair
- Sun damage
- Brown pigmentation
- Redness and diffused redness
- Spider veins
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Large pores
- Texture and tone
- Acne and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Red scars
- Toe nail fungus
- Post surgical bruising
What to expect:
- The number of sessions depends on the treatment you require and the condition of your skin. Multiple treatments are required for hair removal, as the process is most effective when the hair follicle is in its active growth phase.
- Other conditions may clear up in only one treatment; however, many factors impact the efficacy of individual laser treatments, including the severity of the condition being treated.
- All laser treatments require appropriate safety eyewear. An FRC aesthetic specialist will guide the laser to the treatment areas with a small hand piece.
Each laser pulse may be preceded by a short pulse of cooling spray.
- A treatment could take as little as a few minutes to as long as an hour, depending on the area and condition being treated.
- Some patients may feel a slight discomfort with each laser pulse, sometimes described like the snapping of a rubber band on the skin. This discomfort resolves quickly and is minimized by Candela’s DCD, or air cooling device.
How it works:
- A laser creates a beam of high-intensity light that penetrates deeply into skin tissue, where it delivers a controlled amount of targeted therapeutic heat.
- Candela’s patented Dynamic Cooling Device™ (DCD™) technology protects the upper layers of your skin with a cooling burst of cryogen.
- When paired together, the long-pulse laser and DCD™, or air cooling device, offer optimal treatment with minimal side effects.
How to prepare:
- Patients scheduled for hair removal should avoid plucking, electrolysis or hair waxing for six weeks prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of herpes simplex virus and are scheduled for laser treatment, prophylactic antiviral therapy may be prescribed.
- Skin should be shaven, thoroughly cleansed and dried.
- Removal of any makeup, creams, oils, topical anesthetics or self-tanning products before laser treatment is also required.
- You must also discontinue the use of any Glycolics, Retinols, Benzoyl Peroxides and any other aggressive skin care product to the area of treatment 72 hours prior to your appointment.
- The intended treatment area should not be exposed to sunlight or a tanning booth prior to or immediately after treatment.
- Before and after laser treatment, prevent sun exposure by applying sun block (SPF 30 or above).
- Before & After Gallery
View more photo testimonials from Facial Rejuvenation Center patients
- Syneron & Candela
Frequently asked questions, clinical papers and more
- Candela Vbeam Perfecta®
Learn more about this pulse-dye laser technology
- Candela GentleLASE®
Watch a brief video about the benefits of this hair removal system
Ready for your consultation?
New patients have a $75 appointment reservation fee. The $75 will be charged to your credit card upon booking your appointment. The $75 appointment reservation fee will go on as a credit on your account that may be used towards any purchases within 30 days of your original appointment date. This credit will expire after 30 days and is non-refundable. No call/no shows will forfeit the $75 appointment reservation fee.
A proud member of the American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery, Inc.