Reveal a smoother, brighter complexion
Dermaplaning is a method of exfoliation that consists of using a tool designed to gently scrape off the top layer of dulling dead skin cells in order to reveal a smoother, brighter complexion. Dermaplaning is a favorite in the entertainment industry, specifically among models and actresses. Why? It also eliminates that annoying peach fuzz that cakes up in makeup and can be enhanced by harsh production lighting and high-definition cameras. Dermaplaning removes dead skin cells and also the vellus facial hair (peach fuzz), leaving the surface very smooth. Dermaplaning also allows for greater penetration of skincare products and creates a flawless canvas for makeup to glide on smoothly. In fact, Dermaplaning is also used to help prepare skin for other procedures such as Micro-needling, laser treatments and chemical peels.
Dermaplaning is recommended for all skin types except acneic skin. If you have deep cystic acne, wait until breakouts are clear before trying this treatment.
Your skin will immediately look more radiant with a more even skin tone and texture. Peach fuzz is removed, which is why first-timers say their skin has never felt so soft. Keep in mind… the true benefit is the epidermal exfoliation…the peach fuzz is a side bonus.
Many women are often concerned that removing peach fuzz will make it grow back heavier and darker, but that is just an old wives’ tale. Superficial vellus hair (peach fuzz) will grow back at the same rate and with the same texture as it was prior to the treatment.
This procedure is designed to address:
- Removes dead skin cells & vellus hair (peach fuzz) that traps dirt & oil
- Promotes smoother texture & brighter complexion
- Allows for better absorption of products
- Physical exfoliation
- Quick 30 minute procedure
- NO DOWNTIME
- Overall skin health
How it works:
- Method of physical exfoliation that consists of using a tool designed to gently scrape off the top layer of dulling dead skin cells in order to reveal a smoother, brighter complexion.
What to expect:
- Your treatment begins with a deep cleanse followed by the physical exfoliation.
- Your clinician will then apply a customized treatment or mask that addresses your skin concerns or issues.
- Throughout the service you’ll be completely relaxed by stress-relieving aromas, warm towels and massage.
Ready for your complimentary consultation?
The licensed aesthetic specialists at Facial Rejuvenation Center of Iowa City can help you decide if Dermaplaning treatments are right for you. Just contact us today or give us a call at 319-351-3223 for your complimentary consultation.